Our school behaviour approach is based on Hertfordshire Steps; you can find more information by visiting their website here.
If you’re concerned about your child’s behaviour please speak to a member of school staff. Hertfordshire offers a range of courses and support for parents, that you can find here.
Tips and advice from other parents
- Try to focus on praising any and all good behaviour.
- Give your child time and space once the explosion has happened.
- Keep a diary of events and try to work out what the trigger is – what happened before the behaviour?
- Give yourself more time when you’re going places.
- Look at the resources and courses on the Yvonne Newbold site.
- Join parent support groups as you can learn so much from other parents going through the same things.
- Get support for yourself wherever you can, so that you have the energy to help your child.
- Be kind to yourself and know that you are not alone on this journey.